Thursday, March 1, 2012

Take a bath!

One of the simplest things you can do for your health is to put aside some time each week to take a nice, long bath.

Japanese Bath House, 18th Century
Ahhhhh.
How is this good for my health? you may ask.

There is a direct correlation between stress and illness.  We are now busier and more stressed out than ever.  Most of us feel exhausted and spend very little time taking care of ourselves. When we do give ourselves a treat, it's often in the form of junk food.

Instead of treating yourself to sugar, try taking a bath instead. Bathing will relax your muscles and allow your whole body and brain to rest, while supporting your parasympathetic nervous system.

I recently joined a new gym that has a whirlpool, a steam room, and a sauna.  To me, those alone were worth the membership fee.

You might be surprised by how relaxed you feel afterward.

Here are some delightful bath tub additions:
Epsom salts (the cheapest!)
Bath Salts
Bubble Bath
Essential Oils
Dried flowers like Chamomile, Lavender, or Roses (I get mine at Mountain Rose Herbs)

Happy Bathing!


2 comments:

  1. You know, I've never been one to take baths, I realize, because most tubs I've been in have just been so darn uncomfortable! I feel like, every way I turn, my elbows and knees are jutting out. Perhaps this is why I lust after those fancy-pants tubs I see in magazines and in lucky-folks home. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got into baths until recently. But you are taller than I, and perhaps that long bod of yours doesn't fit into a city tub quite as well as my short one does.

    ReplyDelete