Thursday, May 24, 2012

Take a hard look at your exercise habits, part 2

As you're working toward being a healthier you, it's time to take another scrutinizing look at your exercise habits.  I've written before about setting a goal of between 3 and 7 hours per week.  Now's the time to take your regular routine and step it up.

How many hours a week do you really exercise? If it is less than 7, now is the time to look at your schedule and figure out how you can ADD one more hour of exercise to your regular weekly routine.

Remember, there are lots of options.  Just because you go to the gym twice per week now doesn't mean that your third hour of exercise needs to be at the gym. In fact, this is a great opportunity to try something new.

Reading this post may seem simple.  "Yes, Josie," I can hear you saying as you roll your eyes, "I know that if I exercise more I will be healthier."  I know you know that.  What I'm interested in is for you to DO IT.

Look at your schedule.
Make a plan.
Follow through.

As for me, I've started being experimental and taking some new fitness classes at the gym. What about you? How are you going to add an hour of exercise to your schedule each week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm years late in catching up on this, but wanted to comment about this.

    I've recently been feeling bored at the gym, but I have fitness goals that I would really like to see accomplished - so I took a new yoga class and a Zumba class! Holy fun, batman! Next up: Hi-Lo Class! (i.e. High/Low impact choreographed aerobics!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switching it up is so important. Getting bored with exercise really is one of those things that causes people to stop. Also, when you try new things, your muscles don't get bored, either! Hope the new classes keep being fun!

    ReplyDelete